- M.Ed. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) with Merit. University of Exeter, United Kingdom
Modules Studied Include:
o Language Teaching Methodology
o Issues in Developing Appropriate Language Teaching Methodology
o Second and Foreign Language Learning
o English for Specific Purposes
o Critical Pedagogy
o Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- TESOL Certification (60 hours) – TEFL International; Phuket, Thailand 120 hour intensive course including classroom management, teaching skills, language awareness, Phonology.
- ITC TEFL Training Certification (100 hour intensive course)
- BSc (Hons) Biology, Cardiff University, Wales, United Kingdom
- Shebbear College, North Devon, UK – 2 A levels (Biology, Chemistry), 2 AS levels (Business Studies, Psychology) and 10 GCSEs
Areas of Interest
- English for Specific/Academic Purposes
- English for Economics
- Needs Analysis and Course Design
- Developing Teaching Materials
- Learner Empowerment
- Teacher Development
Academic Work/ Publications
- 2008 – Present
University Lecturer, Language Institute, Thammasat University. Currently Academic Expert Level I
- 2006 – 2007
Native English Teacher (EPIK program), Daewha Middle School, Gyongii-do, South Korea.
- Moore, B. (2017). Exploring the merits of team teaching in Thai classrooms: A critical reflection on practice in East Asia. LEARN Journal: Language Education and Acquisition Research Network, 10 (1), 118-133.
- Moore, B. (2013). Discovering the Language Needs of Hotel Workers in Thailand. Thammasat Journal, 31 (2)
- Moore, B. (2009). Perceptions of Identity and Foreign Language Use in Thai Hotel Workers: Insight into Sociocultural Understandings of Foreign Language Learning. LEARN Journal: Language Education and Acquisition Research Network, 4, 19-41.
- Chaengchenkit, R.,Moore, B.,Saiphet, P. & Taylor, P. (2016 October) Incorporating Active Learning Into Foundation Level Thai University Classrooms. Symposium presented at LITU CULI International Conference (ELT Unlimited), Bangkok.
- Moore, B. (2016 June). Producing a ‘localized’ in-house foundation level course book for a Thai University. Presented at the 4th International Conference on Foreign Language Learning and Teaching (FLLT), Bangkok.
- Chanturongakul, P., Moore, B. & Sitthitkul, P. (2015 October) Authenticity in ESP. Symposium presented at CULI International Conference 2015 “ESP: Needs, Pedagogy, and Assessment.” Moore, B. (2015 January). Promoting InterculturalCompetence: Exploring the merits of team teaching. Presented at Thai TESOL conference in Bangkok.
- Moore, B. (2009 October). Perceptions of identity and foreign language use in Thai hotel workers: Insights into socio-cultural understandings of foreign language use. Presented at the 1st international conference on Foreign Language Learning and Teaching (FLLT), Bangkok.